Meet Milton-Freewater's Eyecare Professional!
At Visual Eyes Dr. Winter's provides complete eye care services for Milton-Freewater and the surrounding communities.
Our licensed optometrist, Ben Winters provides exams, diagnoses, and treatments of all disorders that affect the eye or vision. In addition to training in eye diseases and disorders, Dr. Winter's is trained in anatomy, biochemistry, and physiology. With this background he is trained to recognize a range of health issues; such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetes, and hypertension.
Dr. Winters works hard to stay current on the latest advances in eye health and vision care and regularly attends continuing education seminars and advanced training courses. It is because of his dedication to continuing education that our patients receive the most modern and progressive vision care available.
Dr. Ben Winters OD:
- 2001 Graduate Vale High School, Vale, Oregon
- 2008 B.S. Degree Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- 2013 Doctorate of Optometry, Southern College of Optometry, Memphis, Tennessee
- Diagnostic Drug Certification, 2013, Southern College of Optometry
- Therapeutic Drug Certification, 2013, Southern College of Optometry
- Oral and Injectible Drug Certification, 2013, Southern College of Optometry
American Optometric Association, Oregon Optometric Physicians Association, Rotary Club District 5100,
Dr. Winters and his wife, Kate, have the five young boys. After graduation from Vale High School he lived nearly two years in Central America where he developed a love of the Latino culture and proficient Spanish language skills. Outside of his educational and professional career, Dr. Winters loves to spend time with his family. His hobbies include: playing in the dirt with his boys, teasing his wife, woodworking, rifle shooting, hiking, church activities, downhill skiing, and Memphis-style BBQ.